TRAVEL GUIDE TO BRYSON CITY AND THE GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS
BUSINESS IN THE SMOKIES
How Can a Small Local Business Get National Marketing Exposure?
As a business owner, membership in the Swain County Chamber of Commerce is your best way to connect with a nationwide audience of consumers interested in visiting the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina.
For example, in 2010, GreatSmokies.com was viewed by approximately 398,000 visitors looking for information about the North Carolina Smokies. That's more than a million page views.
Additionally, the Swain County Visitors Guide was distributed to more than 25,000 people who requested more information about the area.
For any tourism-related business, inclusion in these two powerful marketing tools is reason-alone to join the Chamber. Yet. as you can see to the right, there are dozens of additional benefits that make Chamber membership even more valuable.
You're invited to drop by the Chamber office and meet the staff that will be working to help you promote your business. We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
• A free listing on the Chamber of Commerce website (desktop and mobile versions), GreatSmokies.com, plus a free link to your web page, email and social media
• An opportunity to publicize your special offers and coupons on our Deals and Discounts section
• A free listing in the annual Visitors Guide – distributed to 30,000 visitors and included in relocation packages and guest information packages
But Wait, There's More
• An opportunity to advertise your business in the Visitors Guide
• A free listing on the North Carolina tourism website, VisitNC.com, for accommodations, events, outdoor adventure, restaurants and specialty foods
• A partnership program with Fun Things to Do in the Mountains which provides new members with a one-time introductory ad, calendar listing, and feature story
• Prospective visitor and relocation leads via email
• Tailored marketing opportunities designed to fit any budget
• Free workshops and seminars covering social media such as Facebook and Twitter, as well as other business related topics.
• A members-only referral program
• Mailing Lists: The chamber's membership list is available to all members in Excel format
• Placement of brochures and business cards in Visitors Center.
• Grand opening and ribbon cutting services for new or remodeled business, complete with newspaper coverage, photo opportunities, and email campaign
• Business After Hours: we provide the press and email campaign, you provide the rest! Excellent networking opportunity!
• Weekly membership enewsletter filled with timely news and information for members
• Opportunities for sponsorship of community events such as Chili Cook-Off, Christmas Parade, Folkmoot, and Freedom Fest. Provides an excellent advertising opportunity!
• Awards recognizing the Business Citizen of the Year and the recipient of the Duke Power Citizenship and Service Award
Our Business is Promoting Your Business!
|Search this site|
• Consumers are 44% more likely to think favorably of a business that is
a member of the Chamber of Commerce
• 57% are more likely to think positively of its local reputation
• 63% percent are more likely to shop with that business in the future
Considering a move to the Bryson City area? Click here for relocation info.
|Planning a Wedding? (PDF)|
|Join the Chamber|
|Bryson City brochure (PDF)|
Bryson City - Swain County
Chamber of Commerce
& Visitor Center
210 Main Street
P.O. Box 509
Bryson City, NC 28713
Karen Proctor Wilmot